Graduate Student Travel Awards
We want to remove as many barriers as possible for participation in the Intentionally Digital, Intentionally Black conference. To this end, the AADHum Initiative is pleased to announce that a limited number of travel bursaries (of up to $250) and registration fee waivers have been made available to graduate students and PhD candidates to attend the conference.
Travel award winners will be selected from accepted conference submissions based on the scores received by a sub-committee of the Program Committee. Given the limited number of travel bursaries, we ask that you carefully consider your situation and the availability of your personal and professional funding sources before applying for this support.
To be considered for the AADHum Graduate Student Travel Award, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org (subject line: “Graduate Student Travel Award application”) with the following information by 11:59pm EST on August 21, 2018.
- Academic Status
- Title of Accepted Proposal/Presentation
- A statement (under 300 words) that explains:
- your interest in attending the Intentionally Digital, Intentionally Black conference;
- how you envision it will advance your research and/or career; and
- how participating will enable you to enrich teaching & learning at your institution.