Code of Conduct
The AADHum code of conduct applies to all virtual AADHum spaces including the AADHum Online Slack workspace, Twitter feed and messages, YouTube channel, website, and email. Violation of this code of conduct directly results in sanctions or expulsion at the discretion of the AADHum administrative team.
AADHum promotes an inclusive environment where participants can expect a respectful and harassment-free experience. We encourage participants to engage each other with a congenial tone and upfront communication of boundaries. As an initiative that prioritizes the well-being of marginalized persons, we reject all reverse-isms, racism, cissexism, transphobia, and other forms of bias against members of underrepresented groups. No participants may engage in any form of harassment.
You are encouraged to report any instance of harassment to the AADHum administrative team. We respect the confidentiality of all individuals who submit reports and will respond as promptly as we can.
The following actions are considered harassment and are therefore prohibited:
- Comments that demonstrate bias on the basis of gender identity, sexual identity, racial identity, mental or physical disability, body type or appearance, age, religion, and other social identities
- Unsolicited negative commentary on any individual’s personal practices and choices related to research or scholarly interests.
- Deliberate use of “dead” names, misgendering, or attempts to out any aspect of a person’s identity without their consent
- Use of sexualized imagery or language unrelated to purposes of academic research
- Inappropriate sexual attention or social contact including inappropriate displays of intimacy
- Violent or terroristic threats
- Attempts to incite violence against an individual or group including encouragements of self-harm
- Unwanted forms of physical contact including stalking
- Unsolicited use of photography or recording technology including online activity logs
- Persistent disruption of ongoing discussion
- Targeted one-on-one engagement after requests to cease
- Public displays of otherwise private communication
The AADHum team may take any action they consider appropriate (including expulsion) if a participant engages in harassing behavior.
How to Report Harassment
You are encouraged to report any instance of harassment to the AADHum administrative team by contacting email@example.com. We respect the confidentiality of all individuals who submit reports. We will respond as promptly as we can.
We take all reports in good-faith. We reserve the right to reject reports that appear to be submitted under bad faith. Whenever it serves the purpose of protection for all participants, we will name perpetrators.