Readings: Geographies and Genealogies of Knowledge
Geographies and Genealogies of Knowledge surveys the historical and contemporary landscape of black digital research, tracing its development and evolution.
- Bailey, M. (2015). #transform(ing)DH writing and research: An autoethnography of digital humanities and feminist ethics. Digital Humanities Quarterly, 9(2). Retrieved from http://www.digitalhumanities.org/dhq/vol/9/2/000209/000209.html
- Brock, A. (2016). Critical technocultural discourse analysis. New Media & Society, 1-19.
- Browne, S. (2015). Introduction, and other dark matters. In Dark matters: On the surveillance of blackness (1-30). Durham, NC: Duke University Press. Retrieved from https://www.scribd.com/document/283448443/Dark-Matters-by-Simone-Browne
- Florini, S. (2013). Tweets, tweeps, and signifyin’: Communication and cultural performance on “Black Twitter.” Television and New Media, 15(3), 223-237.
- Johnson, J.M., and Nunez, K. (2015). Alter egos and infinite literacies, part III: How to build a real gyrl in 3 easy steps. The Black Scholar, 45(4), 47-61.
- Steele, C.K. (2016). The digital barbershop: Blogs and online oral culture within the African American community. Social Media + Society, 2(4), 1-10.
- Brock, D. (2012). From the blackhand side: Twitter as a cultural conversation. Journal of Broadcasting and Electronic Media, 56(4), 529-549.
- Fouché, R. (2006). Say it loud, I’m black and I’m proud: African Americans, American artifactual culture, and black vernacular technological creativity. American Quarterly, 58(3), 639-661.
- Harrell, D.F., & Harrell, S.V. (2012). Imagination, computation, and self-expression: Situated character and avatar mediated identity. Leonardo Electronic Almanac, 17(2), 74-91. Retrieved from http://groups.csail.mit.edu/icelab/sites/default/files/pdf/LEA-Vol17-No2…
- Wanzo, R. (2015). African American acafandom and other strangers: New genealogies of fan studies. Transformative Works and Cultures, 20. Retrieved from http://journal.transformativeworks.org/index.php/twc/article/view/699/538